Business opportunities in Bulgaria for Swedish companies
Swecham is hosting a business webinar dedicated to how Swedish companies can start a business in Bulgaria, and what Bulgarian companies can offer as partnerships.
Join us: https://bit.ly/3aTpFII
I. Official part
Opening remarks 11:00 – 11:15
– Stefan Bengtsson – Chairman of Swedish – Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce
– Her Excellency Mrs. Katarina Ragnit, Ambassador of Sweden
II. Business part
Moderator Stefan Bengtsson
– Why do business in Bulgaria?
Valentin Stoev – Head of Trade office of Bulgaria to Sweden and Galateya Kolikova – Bulgaria-Nordics Business Council: 11:15 – 11:20
– How to establish a business in Bulgaria?
Stefan Tzvetkov – Tzvetkova & Partners Law Firm: 11:20 – 11:25
Daniela Dimitrova – business advisor at Almi AB, Sweden: 11:25 – 11:30
– Where to establish a business in Bulgaria?
Emil Yankov, Business development manager – Trakia Economic Zone: 11:30 – 11:35
Rositsa Raykova, Head of Investment Department -Stara Zagora industrial zone: 11:35 – 11:40
– Successful collaboration with Bulgarian partners
Erik-Wilhelm Graef Behm – Establishment Strategist at Region Halland: 11:40-11:45
2. Discussion 11:45 – 12:00
Moderator Stefan Bengtsson
III. Guided networking 12:00 – 12:30
Industry-Specific Breakout Rooms
2. Pharmaceuticals and Life Science
3. Investment and VCs
4. Production in Bulgaria
Please meet our speakers:
1. Her Excellency Mrs. Katarina Ragnit, Ambassador of Sweden
2. Valentin Stoev – Head of Trade office of Bulgaria to Sweden
3. Stefan Bengstsson – Chairman of SweCham Bulgaria
4. Stefan Tzvetkov, Partner at Tzvetkova & Partners, is a Bulgarian lawyer specializing in IT, Tech & Startup. His focus is on drafting all types of IT contracts, negotiating & closing complex and time-sensitive (cross-border) tech deals, new laws affecting digital transformation, legal aspects of emerging technologies. Further specialties are Corporate & Commercial and Banking & Finance. Over 10 years of experience in providing assistance and consultancy in all legal matters regarding activities of IT, Tech, and Startup companies acting in Bulgaria and worldwide. From designing corporate structure, and negotiating investment agreements, to helping in building a solid e-commerce business. Member of Sofia Bar Association, LLM from the University of Strasbourg in International Law.
5. Daniela Dimitrova is business advisor at Almi AB. Almi AB is owned by the Swedish state and is the parent company of a group consisting of 16 regional subsidiaries and the Almi Invest AB subgroup. The regional subsidiaries, which provide loans and business development, are 51 percent owned by the parent company and 49 percent owned by regional owners. Almi Invest is wholly-owned by the parent company and conducts venture capital activities.
6. Rositsa Raykova is from Stara Zagora and works as Head of the Investment Department within the Municipality of Stara Zagora. She has worked for more than 10 years in the Ministry of Finance and held the position of Head of Strategies and Programmes for Economic Growth Department. The main focus of her expertise and competence were public policies, structural reforms, economic development, macroeconomics, and investments. She holds a Master’s degree in Finance and has received qualifications from the International Monetary Fund in Washington, DC, the Joint Vienna Institute, and one of the most prestigious universities in France, the Higher School of Public Administration – ENA. For the last 2 years, she is involved in attracting foreign investment in the region of Stara Zagora, actively promoting business opportunities in the city and supporting various events for this purpose, and supporting companies to grow and expand their businesses.
7. Galateya Kolikova is a macroeconomist, economic diplomat, and founding member of the Bulgaria-Nordics Business Council. Her international experience includes high-level positions at the Council of the European Union, the Bulgarian Ministry of Economy, and Bulgarian Diplomatic Missions in the Nordics. Today, she does economic research at the Bulgarian Academy of Science and writes for various economic periodicals and digital media.
8. Erik-Wilhelm Graef Behm – Establishment Strategist at Region Halland
9. Emil Yankov, Business development manager – Trakia Economic Zone
Can’t wait to see you!